The stages in dog training
Sometimes it take a long time!
It often helps us achieve long term goals if we break the journey up.
No matter what skill you are teaching your dog, the training process can be divided into five clear stages
The five stages in training
Find out what’s involved in each stage by checking out the articles below
- Training Stage One: Establish the behaviour
- Training Stage Two: Pair a signal with the behaviour
- Training Stage Three: Teach the dog to respond to the signal
- Training Stage Four: Proof the response against distractions
- Training Stage Five: Maintain the response
Whether you are teaching ‘SIT’, ‘DOWN’, ‘HEEL’ or ‘RECALL’ you will still need to go through these stages.
Learn what’s involved and be a better trainer!